Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
So, when I first became a horror fanatic, I swore to myself that I would only watch the first movie of a franchise and maybe the sequel if it was well reviewed. Then I got to The Friday the 13th Series. I remember not being particularly impressed with the first one, but then a site I like ranked Part IV as the best slasher movie of the eighties. So, I watched it, loved it, and decided to watch the rest. Keep in mind, I haven't seen all of the movies yet, so this is a tentative list.
Unranked (Not seen yet): Freddy vs. Jason
Listed from Worst to Best IMO:
11. Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (The only one I got absolutely no enjoyment from)
10. Part X: Jason X (Saturday morning cartoon version of Friday the 13th)
9. Part V: A New Beginning (Serious guilty pleasure. Lame twist and iffy writing)
8. Part IX: Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (Made some good decisions and really bad ones)
7. Part VII: The New Blood (Awesome effects, awesome Jason, so-so story-telling)
6. Part I (Has not aged well, in my opinion. Pretty good, but has painfully dull parts too)
5. Part III: 3D (Silly and cliched, but has fun characters and good pacing. RIP Richard Brooker)
4. Part XII: The Remake (I was expecting to hate this one, but was actually impressed)
3. Part II: (Better paced and more intense than the first one, features fun characters)
2. Part VI: Jason Lives (Amazing kills, tongue in cheek attitude, great characters, overall a blast)
1. Part IV: The Final Chapter (Most developed characters, scariest Jason performance, vicious and unforgiving, pulse pounding... my favorite)
If you agree or disagree, let me know. Try and do so in a respectful way. We all have different opinions, and I'd love to have a friendly debate, but please, there's no need for hatred. I'd love to see other people's lists, too.