1) The spelling or grammar of the title is bad.
2) The story starts with "Have you ever...".
3) The author has a brony reference as his name.
4) The story has the words "Squidward", "Jeff", "Slenderman", or "Disney" anywhere in it.
5) You spend an entire afternoon editing a story, then forget what it's about after you're done.
6) The story from #5 gets deleted a minute after you publish the changes.
7) You resist the urge to create a category named "Not Safe For Eyes".
8) After reading a paragraph, you paint something on your body. Just to watch it dry.
9) A random in chat (with a name that looks like a Navajo algorithm), suddenly appears and begs you to read his pasta.
10) You're bored at work and decide to make a new blog. After the paint dries, of course.