Creepypasta Wiki


How My Leg Exploded

Before someone goes and has a spaz attack, THIS IS NOT A CREEPYPASTA THAT I'M ACCIDENTALLY POSTING AS A BLOG POST. This is a retelling of actual events that happened to me that I thought some people might like to know about.

January 21st, 2015.

Appox. 4:30 PM EST.

I had just arrived home from school. Home life was okay, but something odd was going on. For almost a month, we'd had a strange fly infestation. The flies would simply buzz around in circles in the middle of the room, go to sleep, and repeat. I had had enough of it. I had an electric fly racket, but it hadn't seemed to keep the number of flies down. The house was pretty clean, so I figured the only thing that they would be after was something else.

Something dead.

I didn't want to check, but eventually, my family persuaded me to go investigate in the attic. Like most normal human beings, I don't enjoy being in attics and I don't spend much if any time in them. I don't know a whole lot about them or how they work. This would be my downfall.

I wasn't seeing anything at first. I thought I saw something that had been torn open, but it was a crumpled up piece of red construction paper. That was when I caught a glimpse of the chimney. It didn't go through the roof of the house, so it obviously wasn't complete, but I thought that might be the only place left to check.

Now, before I tell you what happens next, I want you to know that we rent our house. Our landlord is a crotchety old man that would rather get hit by a truck before he's forced to fix something. Like all his other projects, the attic was half-finished. The boards stopped covering the floor of the attic a few feet away from where the entrance to it was.

As I approached the chimney, I put all my weight into a big poofy piece of insulation and my right leg went straight through the ceiling. I immediately panicked and called out for my mom. She sent my brother up after me to help pull me up.

I finally managed to wrench my leg out of the ceiling and crawled back onto the boards. But, scared and confused, I backed out towards the insulation before my brother could reach me.

I plummeted right through the ceiling.

I landed in a standing position on my right leg, cracking my femur in half. The top half of it went forward towards the front of my leg and then shoved downward. I can say with confidence that it is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I'm also lucky, believe it or not, because we were changing up some decorations in the room at the time and I landed a foot or two away from a mirror we had layed out on the floor.

I spent the next 30 minutes sprawled out on the floor waiting for the paramedics. During this time, my brother managed to snag a picture of the ceiling.



After arriving at the hospital and recieving some heavy morphine, I underwent surgery where I had an intramedullary rod inserted into my femur.

Sammy in hospital

I spent the next week in the hospital where I slowly recovered and was able to walk okay with a walker. When I got home, I entered physical therapy and have been working hard up until last week when I started going back to school. It's been a hell of a journey.

So yeah, that's where I've been lately. A bad place.