Note: If you really think a spinoff or a pasta containing blacklisted elements should be included here, please make a case in Spinoff Appeal so that it may be preemptively reviewed by sysops.
Due to the excessive similarity and general lack of quality of these types of stories and to the fact that the community at large is fed up with the constant posting of subpar spinoffs on this site, we no longer accept spinoffs, sequels, prequels, knockoffs, or fanfics of stories or creepypasta entities the author didn't create of any kind.
This includes, but is in no way limited to,
Pokémon Creepy Black,
Snow on Mt. Silver,
Squidward's Suicide/Red Mist,
Normal Porn for Normal People,
Abandoned by Disney,
The Russian Sleep Experiment,
Jeff the Killer,
The Holders series,
(this includes making spinoffs of existing spinoffs, like Slenderman vlogs.)
So basically, no spinoffs are to be posted to this site without admin review. PERIOD. It doesn't matter if they originated on this wiki or not, NO SPINOFFS!
Furthermore, NO FANFICTION OF ANY KIND is permitted.
Listed below are additional blacklisted subjects that have been banned since this rule's creation. While they don't count as spinoffs, per sé, it's generally agreed-upon that most of them are essentially bad rehashes/carbon copies of more successful pastas. They contain themes, elements and formulas that are, for one reason or another, heavily overused and used poorly.
- Existing spinoffs and sequels/prequels can stay (if they're good enough), you just can't post new ones.
- No MLP grimdark fics. Nothing personal, it's just that they start to all blend together after a while and we need a new approach to pony pastas. Try writing a pasta about (gasp) the figurines themselves instead.
- No SCP pastas.
- No "lost episode" pastas.
- Jeff-"inspired" stories now count as Jeff spinoffs and are dealt with accordingly. See Jeff-"Inspired" Stories for further information.
- NO. MORE. POKÉPASTAS. The PokéMon genre had what little originality it had left sucked out of it ages ago due to writers endlessly rehashing the same three or four formulas over and over and over again. If you are actually, physically incapable of not writing a Pokepasta, post it to Spinpasta Wiki instead.
- Cleverbot pastas/blog posts have been forbidden for a while, but now posting one is a bannable offense.
- You CANNOT get around this rule by posting stories on the forbidden subjects (that is, the content itself, not offsite links) as blog posts, on the forums, on your userpage or on your Talk page.
- No .exe or "haunted file" style pastas. They're just not scary anymore.
- No "haunted game" style video game pastas. We're still holding off on banning gamepastas entirely, but hopefully this will improve things. Come on people, a game doesn't have to be haunted or possessed to be scary.
- No more Minecraft pastas.
- No more Zelda pastas.
- No ROBLOX. There is no way to make ROBLOX scary. Ever.
- No "Five Nights at Freddy's" pastas. It's fanfiction and we don't allow fan fiction.
In addition to the blacklisted subjects listed above, some pastas are automatically disallowed by our Abuse Filter. The Abuse Filter basically searches for certain key words and phrases in every new pasta and stops the page from being created if it finds them.
There are two filters: the Title Blacklist and the Content Blacklist. The Title Blacklist blocks pages based on what is contained in the title while the Content Blacklist blocks pages based on what is contained in the page itself.
- Title Blacklist:
jeff, slenderman, slendy, sonic, sanic, .exe, .avi, .wav, .txt, .doc, .html, .bat, pokemon, mlp, episode, theory, Suicidemouse, spongebob, cleverbot, funnymouth, squidward, roblox, minecraft, herobrine, scp, happy appy, candle cove, dead bart, smiledog, zalgo, ben, tails doll, brvr, animal crossing, lavender town, game, swords and potions, proxy, teh, spooderman, land before time, tf2, half life, call of duty, super smash, bad fur day, fluttershy, ponys, ponies, childrens hospital, the killer, fazbear, freddy
- Content Blacklist:
pokemon, gameboy, n64, xbox, playstation, slendy, slenderman, sonic, zelda, megaman, mario, luigi, fallout 3, minecraft, fazbear
There is also a third filter, the Special Characters Blacklist. It blocks pages which contain special characters in the title. If you are affected by this filter, try to publish your page with no punctuation in the title, then ask an administrator or rollbacker to rename it for you.
What if I want to post a spinoff?
If you really must make a fanquel/spinoff, or a story on one of the subjects listed above, we would prefer if you posted it offsite like on Pastebin, DeviantART or Spinpasta Wiki and make a blog post about it, or link to it on your Talk page or userpage.
If you're REALLY confident in your writing abilities, and think your story on the above subjects is good and original enough to be included on this wiki, try Spinoff Appeal.
In the event you write, upload, or transmit via any means a story, page, blog post, or article about a subject matter that is determined, at an admin's discretion, to be 1) in a highly clichéd genre/category/subject and 2) poorly written, clichéd, generic, or terrible in general, then the admins are free at their discretion and leisure to delete the page at any time without warning or recourse on their part.
The admins, editors, and any members associated with this site are not and will never be responsible or liable for any loss of data or stories that happen on this site for any reason or in any manner they may occur. All content is licensed under CC-BY-SA
except where otherwise noted.