FANDOM


  • I've been thinking about creating a creepypasta type diary. I do not have much idea what to write or what kind of monster to create. Any suggestion?

      Loading editor
    • I suggest you think of your own ideas. It is better for an author to be original, and if someone has an idea for a story they will probably write it themselves.

        Loading editor
    • yep... thing long and hard, anything can be terrifying if presented as such

        Loading editor
    • Someone writes in a diary about how they keep eating people's dogs and cats because their dogs and cats are killing birds. However, the next time this person peruses the diary, the words "NOW I KNOW WHOM YOU ARE" are written there in capital letters. The person writes about how they feel like someone is watching them and comes close to revealing their name, then realizes that they probably shouldn't be writing these sorts of things in their diary, because whoever wrote that in the diary might come back. The person begins storing their diary in odd places, constantly paranoid that someone might come and find their diary. Eventually, fed up with the fright inherent in writing one's taboo feelings in a diary, the person decides to burn the diary, then realizes that because they've written this in their diary, they can't possibly have burned the diary. To their horror, they find themselves incapable of burning their diay. They try not to write in their diary, or so they write, but then they write the next day, saying it's too hard. We then learn that the diary had been cut in two diagonally, and the writer had went through a heart attack sometime around that point. There is nothing particularly remarkable about the diary except that the person who found it finds himself incapable of not writing about how he's embezzled thousands of dollars.

        Loading editor
    • RenanAssuno wrote:
      I've been thinking about creating a creepypasta type diary. I do not have much idea what to write or what kind of monster to create. Any suggestion?

      Just come up with your own ideas, so you can become better at writing pastas.

        Loading editor
    • Squidmanescape wrote: Someone writes in a diary about how they keep eating people's dogs and cats because their dogs and cats are killing birds. However, the next time this person peruses the diary, the words "NOW I KNOW WHOM YOU ARE" are written there in capital letters. The person writes about how they feel like someone is watching them and comes close to revealing their name, then realizes that they probably shouldn't be writing these sorts of things in their diary, because whoever wrote that in the diary might come back. The person begins storing their diary in odd places, constantly paranoid that someone might come and find their diary. Eventually, fed up with the fright inherent in writing one's taboo feelings in a diary, the person decides to burn the diary, then realizes that because they've written this in their diary, they can't possibly have burned the diary. To their horror, they find themselves incapable of burning their diay. They try not to write in their diary, or so they write, but then they write the next day, saying it's too hard. We then learn that the diary had been cut in two diagonally, and the writer had went through a heart attack sometime around that point. There is nothing particularly remarkable about the diary except that the person who found it finds himself incapable of not writing about how he's embezzled thousands of dollars.

      Why not organ harvesting? =P

        Loading editor
    • I don't see any issues with giving someone a few ideas. I figure it's all about not getting too detailed. Heck, a single word or phrase is often how I get started, so here are a bunch I hope inspire you. :)

      Weasels _ Dentures aren't for everybody. _ inseminate _ linguine _ idiopathic _ the Devil's lettuce _ ha-cha-cha _ The rollercoaster is perfectly safe, trust me. _ diary of a dainty doll - bubble butt _ beady little eyes _ What's for dinner? _ the San Francisco treat _ Buda was a bad ass. _ Baa baa dead sheep _ Mary had a severed limb. _ Breakfast for dinner? _ Those aren't meatballs. _ thorax _ Bungle _ David is a deviant _ latflining _ cereal three times a day _ deflated _ Timothy builds a time bomb. _ cervix _ Burble Flurb the Devastator.

      I don't usually sit down at my computer and think, "Hmm, what should I write?" No, I'm usually taking a dump, preparing dinner, mowing the lawn, watching a movie, or millions of other things when ideas pop in my head. Maybe you should just stop thinking about what to write and go do something else. You never know what might come to mind. :)

        Loading editor
    • Kolpik wrote:
      I don't see any issues with giving someone a few ideas.

      The problem is that an idea might turn into a summary which might turn into someone else just writing the story for them. The more they think of things on their own, the more original their story is going to be.

        Loading editor
    • I hear ya NedWolfkin and I agree with ya. It should seem apparent that I'm aware of that since all I gave Renan was a bunch of words and phrases. You left out the part where I said, "I figure it's all about not getting too detailed."

      I'm not trying to start an argument and I hope you don't take offense to my words. I'm just clarifying my earlier post. Well, see ya around. Good luck on your story, Renan. :D

        Loading editor
    • Thanks for the suggestions. That helps me a lot. :3 
      

      Kolpik, thanks for the ideas. That helps me a lot. I'm already thinking about what to write. I've been thinking of some kind of creature or stalker chasing the narrator. Anyway, thanks again for the suggestions.

        Loading editor
    • RenanAssuno wrote:
      I've been thinking about creating a creepypasta type diary. I do not have much idea what to write or what kind of monster to create. Any suggestion?

      Aside from "come up with your own ideas," I do have one suggestion. Before you do anything else, consider this:

      The narrator is keeping a journal of some sort. Does that make sense? For example, if someone is currently being killed, they wouldn't write, "Now it's pulling me closer. I have to get out. If anyone reads this, please help me and save yourself." That doesn't make sense. They would write "HELP," or nothing at all.

      In general, the easiest way of dealing with this is to make sure your narrator survives. If they die, you have only two options- describe everything, which doesn't make sense, or describe very little, which is logical but not interesting to read.

      99% of the journal-style pastas I've read fall into this trap, and it really decreases their quality. Good luck with your writing. I'm interested to see it.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message