Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement
Hissing cat by aussieliz-d48tby9

In my old apartment, my cat would, on occasion, look down at the street from the living room window and start meowing for no apparent reason. Also on occasion, when I was sleeping in the bedroom, I would wake up to her staring intently at the door.

I always wondered why she was hissing for what seemed like no apparent reason. At first, I thought that she just had a lively imagination.

I was wrong. One night I woke up due, not to my cat meowing, but hissing for all she was worth. And not at the door... she was hissing straight at me. This freaked the hell out of me. I jumped out of bed, heart pumping with adrenaline. She was still hissing at where I had been lying. As I couldn't get any sleep with her hissing, I grabbed her and put her outside the bedroom door, I could still hear her, somewhat growling outside the door.

This behaviour worried me, but I could take care of it in the morning, at least, that's what I thought. I couldn't fall asleep at first, my cat's weird trip was unsettling, and I started getting the feeling that I still wasn't alone in the room, and had the distinct impression that something was watching me sleep. For God knows how long, I twisted and turned in my bed sheets, trying to rid myself of the feeling. I eventually fell asleep.

In the morning, as I woke up, I immediately noticed that my cat had stopped growling outside the door. I opened the door and expected her to greet me, but no, she was nowhere in sight. I searched the house from top to bottom, but still she was nowhere to be found. It was as if, as if she had disappeared into thin air.

Advertisement