Creepypasta Wiki
Advertisement

Back when I was in grade-school, I remember a certain noise coming from my window, every night. I will tell my tale soon but let me first describe the details back when I was in school.

Every night at 9:32 the tapping started, small silent taps beginning at the base of the window to the top of the window, then over, then down, then up, then down. Starting on the far side of the window and getting closer every tap. I never looked. Only listened.

Now, one night, I had not eaten dinner because my mother was away on work, and my babysitter never arrived. (I was used to being home alone but my mom never left the city without me being left with a babysitter) I got out of bed, and went downstairs to get something to eat. I was seven, and didn't know how to make much so I just grabbed a couple granola bars, and got a cup of milk. This was at 9:29.

After eating, I headed upstairs to my room and opened the door. And across my room, I saw the most terrifying creature I had ever seen, up to this date. It looked as if its mouth was a rotten hole of meat and dead bugs, with one small pointy tooth, and its eyes were just barely in its head, looking as if they could fall out at any second.

It pointed at me with its massive claw-like finger and then tapped the window. It continued to tap the window the way it had always tapped, up, over, down, up, down, and I slowly walked over to my bed. The entire time I did this it kept its eyes fixated on me, following my every move. Once I reached my bed, I realized I had made a huge mistake. I sat down on my bed and turned on the light, which, for some reason, caused the creature to tap faster, and faster, and faster until it somehow melted through the window into my room.

It landed on the floor and charged at me. The thing lunged over, barely missing the bed, and attempted to jump again, this time I kicked it square in its eye and it bit my foot. After biting me I kicked it again, and again, and again, until one of its eyes fell out! It made this horrible noise and then jumped out my window, this time breaking the glass.  

I still have the scar today, and I still keep its eye in a necklace of mine.

But I tell my tale, only twenty years later, because last night, when I was falling asleep. I heard it again.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Advertisement