Blogs are NOT
- Blogs are not articles.
- Do not post entire stories in blogs.
- Do not CATEGORIZE blogs. When a blog post is created, it automatically gets the category Blog Posts. Do not add anything other than that.
- Blogs are not to be used to get a free badge.
- If you create a spam blog page just to get a badge, your blog post will be deleted and you will be blocked from editing for a week.
- Blogs are not a place to post a simple sentence like "Hi." or "I like creepypasta." These are spam blogs and will be treated as such.
- A way to ask something of the community, such as opinions on a story idea, how someone feels about an issue that may or may not relate to the site's content, or for asking people to vote on a matter.
- A way to introduce yourself. Tell us about you! This introduction should be LONGER THAN THREE SENTENCES or it will be deleted and you will be banned from editing for a week. Do not attempt to circumvent the spam blog rules by adding pointless sentences. The admin are not idiots.
- For sharing experiences.
- For posting of rules notification, reminders, and the like by the admins.
- DO NOT COMMENT ON ANY BLOG FOR THE SAKE OF COMMENTING ON A BLOG. Three day block from editing if you do.
- DO NOT COMMENT ON A BLOG JUST TO EARN A BADGE. Three day block from editing if you do.
- DO NOT COMMENT ON ANCIENT BLOGS, SUCH AS SOMETHING THAT HASN'T HAD NEW POSTS IN A FEW MONTHS. Three day block from editing if you do and it is a horribly unnecessary comment.
- If you see a spam blog page, tell an admin in chat. There's no need to state the obvious in the comments. Blog commenting RAISES YOUR EDIT COUNT and editcount inflation is strongly frowned upon.
User Talk Pages
- Do not, for any reason, post a comment on a user's talk page for the sake of posting a message or to get a badge. You will be blocked from editing for 3 days.