Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A small empty room, such as a closet, pantry, small bathroom, etc. There must be no windows. The room should be big enough, and empty enough, for a single person of your size to stand in without touching the walls or door. If the only thing you can use has windows, cover them so that no light can come into the room.
- Three matches.
- A method of telling time.
- A pen/pencil and some paper.
HOW TO PLAY:
This game is best played alone. Your guests may not come, if they feel as if there is already a crowd.
This game is best played AT NIGHT.
- Turn off all sources of noise. This includes phones, TVs, etc.
- Turn on the light in the room you are using. If it is an unlit room, use a lit candle or a flashlight.
- Start at the furthest point in your house from the room. Go from room to room calling "I'll be ready soon!"
- When you reach the room, take out the paper and write, "You are invited! A gathering, hosted by (your name). Takes place from (time you start - an hour from start time). Bring friends!" Place it on the floor, and shout into the room, "I'm ready! Come on in!"
- Turn off the light and turn around, so you are facing the dark of your house. The open door should be at your back. Take out the three matches and hold them in your hand.
- Wait a few moments in silence, then begin counting out loud. When you get to ten, strike the first match.
- If the match does not strike on the first try, drop it and strike the second one. Repeat this for the third one, if the second does not light. If the third does not light, you have gatecrashers - uninvited guests. Do not turn around, or pause to close the door. Run for the nearest light source and turn it on. The party is over.
- If the match lights, hold it until it burns down as far as you can bear. Greet your guests. Suggested: Say out loud, "I'm so glad to see you! Thank you for coming!" Light the second match. If it does not light on the first strike, see step 1.
- Repeat step 2 for the second match, and greet more of your guests.
- Strike the third match. If it does not light, see step 1. If it does light, say "Now everyone is here!" and count to ten again. If everything was done correctly, you should be able to hear or feel something. It is typically just someone saying "thanks" or "thank you" quietly. It may, or may not, be from behind you. Great party! Your guests were happy to come. Afterward, it is safe to turn on the lights.
If at any point you turn around or look behind you before turning on the light, refer back to step 1.