This is a collection of writing advice blogs from various users, telling you what not to do in your stories, and giving advice on how to keep them from being deleted. Due to the assistance they provide and the validity of their content, they have been moved to this project page for safe-keeping. It is highly recommended you at least skim through these before you post a story to the wiki.
- So We Deleted Your Story: An Overview
- So You Want to Make a Spinoff
- So You Want to Write a Journal Entry?
- So You Want to Write a Long Pasta
- So You Want to Write an NSFW Pasta
- How to Keep Your Story From Being Deleted
- Unsolicited Writing Advice!
- Maybe Don't Do These Things
- More Things to Avoid
- What is Poetry? (Or, Probably Why Your Poem Was Deleted)
- Why Your OC Got Your Story Deleted
- Getting Back to Basics: Storytelling
- How to Write a Micropasta (Or, a Possible Reason Your Micro was Deleted)
- On the Subject of Character Development
- Original Elements (Possibly Why Your Elements Got Your Story Deleted)
- Making Titles
- Mary Stus and How to Avoid Them
- The Mystery Approach
- When and When Not to Explain Things
- What are Ellipses?
- What Makes a Great Creepypasta?
- Selected List of Overused Words
- Quality Quotations
- Useful Tools for New Users