SO. YOU WANT TO BE AN ADMIN? HERE'S SOME GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW FOR THIS TO GO SMOOTHLY.
1) Um... Don't vandalize, don't have any warnings/notifications on record. I've started to post warnings on pages so there is proof for ALL TIME.
2) POST GOOD CONTENT. Don't be the guy that posts literally over nine thousand of the crappy DURR AND THEN A SKELTUN POOPED OUT stories. Horrible Troll Pasta is a good category for ESTABLISHED crappy stories. It is not for people to crap out something that a two year old could beat in a writing contest for shits'n'giggles.
3) Don't pointsgame, which means don't create an article, publish it, then add one category, save, add another, save...it runs your edit count up and spams the Recent Edits page with useless edits. If you want to be e-famous, why not become well-known by making valuable edits and creating good OC?
4) Actually want to use the admin powers for good. This really shouldn't need much more 'splaining than that.
5) Have some way to contact me off-site. The current method for doing so is AIM.
We used to have a shoutbox that was horribly underused for the admins, and I wanted to have a SINGLE way to get a group discussion for the admins, but no one wanted to get AIM or MSN all at the same time. Personally I like MSN better, but AIM might be better so I don't have to juggle screen names and computers.
6) Be active. This should also go without saying.
7) Be active in chat, too. Read up on the Chat Rules for a refreshment.
8) Read and understand Help:Admin FAQ as this teaches the basics of adminship. Also you should know how to edit using the Source View for pages and how to use the keyboard shortcuts for editing—this is for maximum efficiency.
9) Help the site out. This means adding pages to the article listing, categorizing pages, fixing pages, fixing category errors, etc. You'll be doing that as an admin, so if you cannot handle a light load of that, you might want to reconsider.
TO APPLY: Leave a message on my talk page with the header <insert name here>'s Application and a reason why you feel you should be an admin and why you would like to be one. Listing experience is fine too.
Please note that any and all applications will be reviewed all together on the 15th of the month, each month. Applications are held on record forever so there is no need to reapply.