- See the Genre Listing for the list of categories
First and foremost: Do NOT add a category to a page that isn't on the Genre Listing page. Repeated failure to comply with this rule will result in your account being blocked from editing.
We are not like most wikis with thousands of pointless categories, most with one or two pages linked to them. The categories on this wiki are intended to be indicative of the main theme(s) of a story. See the appropriate section for how to suggest new categories.
- Ghosts, Monsters, Demon/Devil, Beings, Gods, and Cryptids are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE categories. This means you can classify a page as Ghosts, but none of the others. Same goes for the rest.
- Books category is not for Diary/Journal pastas. Nor are they to be listed as Items/Objects.
- If a page is marked as "Lost Episodes" it's not to be tagged as Television.
- PokéMon and Zelda pastas are not to get the Video Games tag.
- Holders and Ritual cannot be added together.
- Holders and Items/Objects cannot be added together.
- Holders and Places cannot be added together.
- Holders pastas must be from the original series.
- The Videos category is for pages with videos or the default tag for videos. Do not add the Videos category to a page if it does not have one.
- HPL is already in Lovecraftian and Suggested Reading, so the pages marked with this category do not need to be tagged with either of those. EAP is also already in Suggested Reading.
- All Site Administration categories (excluding Marked for Review and Delete Now) can only be added or removed by administrators. Meaning they are ADMIN-ONLY.
- Marked for Review and Delete Now are stand alone categories. Do NOT add them together with other categories.
Galleries, Blogs and User Pages
Galleries are not articles. Blogs are not articles. User pages are not articles. Do not add categories to galleries that are not Meta (admin-only). Do not add categories to blogs (other than the default one that is automatically published with each new blog and cannot technically be removed). Do not add categories to user pages.
If you add categories to a blog or a user page, you will be warned, then blocked from editing if the incident repeats itself.
Penalties for Violations
The following is a list of penalties for violations of these rules (this includes adding nonexistent categories/category creation).
- First time: Warning
- Second time: 1 day/violation.
- Third time: 1 week/violation.
- Fourth time: 1 month/violation.
- Fifth time: 3 months/violation.
- Sixth time: 1 year/violation
- Seventh time: Permanent ban from editing.
Suggesting New Categories
If you feel that a category you have in mind would be a useful addition to this site, leave a message on ClericofMadness's talk page with the name of the category, reason(s) why you feel it should be added, and a general idea/list of pages that would fit the category. Again, we are not a search engine and categories are not keywords.
- More info available here: Project:Genre Listing#Site Administration
These categories have uses outside of the "Story". Admin-only categories are in bold.
In the event you write, upload, or transmit via any means a story, page, blog post, or article about a subject matter that is determined, at an admin's discretion, to be 1) in a highly clichéd genre/category/subject and 2) poorly written, clichéd, generic, or terrible in general, then the admins are free at their discretion and leisure to delete the page at any time without warning or recourse on their part.
The admins, editors, and any members associated with this site are not and will never be responsible or liable for any loss of data or stories that happen on this site for any reason or in any manner they may occur.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT NOTICE
Although most content is licensed under, not all content falls under this license. Please pay careful attention to the licensing of all stories. We are not responsible for damages, etc. that may arise from mishandling of licensing. When in doubt, contact the author.
Content that is not in the public domain or under a CC0 license 'must have attribution if used in videos or other media. This is not optional under any other Creative Commons license. That is copyright infringement.