Even though many pagan rituals are known to thrill seekers there are few as easily partaken and as horrifying as that which is known as 'Night Walk'. There have been many historical disappearances that are thought by the more creative-minded to have been related to this such ritual. All cases with the same basic pattern in victim behavior:
Stage 1 (12-48 Hours)- Victim suffers from minor insomnia and paranoia, often consulting others on troubling nightmares usually about a forest and shattered windows.
Stage 2 (2-3 days)- At this point the victim lacks most ability to sleep, only occasionally drifting of due to exhaustion. Many isolate themselves within pre-determined rooms (Usually their place of rest or less likely a work-area) and are often heard screaming or talking (usually described to be pleading).
Stage 3 (3-8 days)- Victims resume their usually activities, however depict symptoms of psychosis. When asked about why they left their area of isolation the exact same response is documented; "I've given up." Victims also constantly appeared to jump in fright randomly, and sometimes ask why there is a motionless stranger lying down in their house (in most cases they state such things while gazing, as if petrified, into a mirror).
Stage 4 (8-14 days)- Victims isolate themselves once again, and constantly, monotonously scream while staring into a mirror that they have sat in front of. They don't eat or sleep or perform any basic human functions, but only scream.
Time of disappearance (14-15 days) - The place of isolation for victims will feature one broken window; with the frame embedded with bloody scratch marks (forensic scientists determine that it is not a sign of forced entry and the blood is actually the victim's own). The mirror that the victim had previously looked into is now nothing but a frame. The only indication of any intruder is plant matter (usually fern or tree leaves) that has been placed into the shape of the victim’s body lying on their bed.
In the house of Alfred Kittle (one of the victims) an aged manuscript was obtained by investigators, who later dismissed its involvement in the disappearance. On the manuscript were instructions for a ritualistic event. The steps and details described in the manuscript are as follows.
- WARNING THERE IS A CHANCE OF INVOLUNTARILY TRIGGERING THE RITUAL- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*:
Precaution- Be careful to make sure there are no other individuals in the room of choice otherwise the ritual will not work.
1. Follow normal routine up until the point of near sleep or 11:45 PM depending on which occurs first (the area of sleep must be on some form of furniture that is built for rest e.g. bed, chair, bench, etc.)
2. When falling asleep or if the time is between 11:45 PM- 4:50 AM picture within your mind the idea (or if more convenient just the sound) of yourself walking across shards of glass.
3. Upon waking in the forest, be sure to instantly begin to search for a way out. Don't fear the glass otherwise you will not make it.
4. Begin to search for a jack-in-the-box beneath a tree with white leaves. If you hear any sounds be sure to head towards them, if you fall for the trick you will not make it.
5. Upon finding the jack-in-the-box kneel onto your right knee and begin to turn the handle, be sure not to move otherwise you will not make it.
6. The jack-in-the-box will not have time to completely open before you wake up in your home, however it will have enough time to partially open in which case you must not react when you see the head of a family member inside the box even if they are deceased, if you do react you will not make it.
7. Upon returning to your home be sure to quickly close all doors and windows leading to your bedroom, this includes curtains. You will hear a loud bang but that is the worst of it. If you reach this step you will have made it.
-If you do not search for or find the Jack-in-the-box before you get caught-
4. You will feel two large and dark hands touch your shoulders from above, followed by two glowing white and blue human-like eyes looking towards you with white teeth following the mouth design of a crocodile except human-like. All of these features will be mounted on a pitch-black body not visible in the darkness. Be sure not to stare at any facial features directly otherwise you will not make it.
5. The Night Walker will say "I found you!" in a slightly distorted and low-pitched voice. It is at this point you will wake up. Be sure to close all doors and windows leading to your bedroom, this includes curtains. You will hear speaking saying such words as "Let me in" or "I need to look in the mirror" in a child-like voice, do not open any doors or windows otherwise you will not make it.
6. The creature will appear each night from 11:45 PM- 4:50 AM, never let it in no matter how tired or scared of the reflection you are otherwise you will not make it.
7. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT. XI XLV
It is at this point that the manuscript has been seemingly attempted to be burnt. All victims tend to have something in common, which usually is that they have all had contact whether they were friends or family. The first reported disappearances had been that of Alfred Kittle and his associates.